TISS Mumbai-Admissions open for MA Programmes, 2017

Name of College:   TISS

Admission of Program: M.A. in Human Resource Management & Labour Relations

Date of Publication of Notice/Issuing of Application:   10/1/2016

Last Date of Submission of Application Form:  

Eligibility Criteria :

a) Programme require completion of Bachelor's Degree of minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent ( under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognised university, in any discipline. b) At the time of applying candidates studying in 3 year degree progremme should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and candidates studying in 4 year degree progrmmes should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.

Description :

The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. In 1944, it was renamed as the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The year 1964 was an important landmark in the history of the Institute, when it was declared Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956. 


TISS ANNOUNCES Admission to the 2017-19 batch for it's Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes (M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H.) offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad campuses and other locations.

Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses have independent high quality faculty engaged in teaching, research, policy and outreach activities. The Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses are networked with Mumbai campus to access library, online books and journals and classes. All campuses have unified campus placement policy and placement process.

Average CTC of Human Resource Management & Labour Relations at TISS are 17.4 LPA


As per Government of India norms, Mumbai, Tuljapur and Hyderabad Campuses provide 15%, 7.5% and 27% reservation to Scheduled Caste, Schedule Tribe and Other Backward Classes (non-creamy layer) for each of the programmes. In addition, supernumerary seats are allocated to Persons With Disabilities (PWD) {3%} , Kashmiri migrants {5%} and children of the Armed Forces Employees {5%}.

As per agreement with Ministry of Development of North-East Region, Government of India, Guwahati Campus allots 66% of the seats to candidates from eight North Eastern States. The remaining 34% of the seats are for candidates from other parts of the country. For these seats (34%) same rules for reservation mentioned above for SC/ST and OBC categories are applicable . In addition, supernumerary seats are allocated to Persons With Disabilities (PWD) {3%} , Kashmiri migrants {5%} and children of the Armed Forces Employees {5%}

National Entrance Test:

National Entrance Test (TISS-NET)  is computer based. It will be held on January 07, 2017 from 2 pm to 3.40 pm in 39 centres in different parts of the country.

Fact Files:

Full time Faculty


Faculty with PhD


Average CTC last year

17.4 LPA

Highest Salary

27.4 LPA

Number of Companies Participating 



1.16 Lacs

Number of Seats

60 MA in M.A. in Globalization and Labour,

M.A. in Human Resource Management & 20 Labour Relations 30 in M.A. in Social Entrepreneurship

Exam Accepted

Self Test

Placements Highlights


Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Steel , Trident.


Deloitte, Hay Group, IBM, KPMG

 Banking & Financial Services

Axis Bank, Citibank, HDFC, Bharti Axa

IT & ITES Sector

 Accenture, Cognizant, Infosys , Wipro


Flipkart, Ola Cab

Selection Procedure :

The selection of candidates for different programmes happens in two stages and has three components of assessment. All candidates appear for the National entrance test (TISSNET). Based on the performance in the TISSNET examination, only short listed candidates are called for the Pre Interview Test and Personal Interview.(PIT/PI)

Application Fee : 1030

How to Apply :

Candidates are required to apply online through the E-application process only, please read through this page before filling in the application form. CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM

Website Link : http://admissions.tiss.edu/


Post a Comment