Top 10 B Schools Offering Entrepreneurship Management Programs in India
1. Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI), Gandhinagar - Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Business Entrepreneurship (PGDM-BE).
The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI) offers a two-year, full-time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Business Entrepreneurship (PGDM-BE) which is now in its sixteenth year of delivering entrepreneurship education.
2. SIBM Pune- MBA in Innovation and Entrepreneurship: It offers a two-year, full-time, MBA in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Government has declared 2010-20 as ‘India’s Decade of Innovation’ and the industry is increasingly expecting its employees to have an entrepreneurial mindset. In addition, there is also an increase in the number of management graduates eventually taking the entrepreneurial plunge. It is becoming increasingly clear that managers who can conceive and execute innovative projects that add to the organisations’ top and bottom lines will only be put in the leadership pipeline.
3. NMIMS, Mumbai – MBA in Entrepreneurship & Family Business &Part Time MBA (Social Entrepreneurship)
NMIMS has been offering the MBA (Entrepreneurship & Family Business) programme since 1999 and has been helping family owned businesses to adjust to the changing business environment in India. Their course aims to inculcate entrepreneurial qualities in people who have inherited family businesses, so that they can build and further grow their enterprise.
The Part Time MBA in Social Entrepreneurship is offered by the Center for Sustainability Management & Social Entrepreneurship, NMIMS and may interest social work professionals who wish to update their knowledge, social sector volunteers who need professional insight into the management of the social sector, as well as managers from the corporate world who deal with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
4. XLRI, Jamshedpur - Post Graduate Programme for Certificate in Entrepreneurship Management (PGPCEM)
The XLRI Xavier School of Management offers a full-time six-month Post Graduate Programme for Certificate in Entrepreneurship Management (PGPCEM) through its Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC). The aim of this course is to promote entrepreneurship in Jharkhand and rest of India. XLRI's faculty and guest lecturers from the industry cover conceptual and operational aspects related to the execution of entrepreneurial ventures.
5. S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai- Start Your Business Certification Program (SYB), Grow Your Business Certification Program (GYB), The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED) of SPJIMR, one of the five founding institutions of National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) in India, promotes student interest in entrepreneurship, facilitates new venture creation and commercializes grass-roots inventions. CED helped start more than 20 new ventures by the year 2011 and offers elective courses and weekend certification programmes such as Start Your Business Certification Program (SYB), Grow Your Business Certification Program (GYB), The Entrepreneurial Manager (TEM) and Managing New Business Initiatives (MNBI).
6. Kautilya Entrepreneurship and Management Institute Jain University Bangalore: Entrepreneurship + Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Management. Jain University offer 2 year full time Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Management+ Entrepreneurship.
7. IIM Bangalore, NSRCEL- Management Programme for Women Entrepreneurs (MPWE), Management Programme for Entrepreneurs and Family Business (MPEFB). The Nadathur S Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL), set up in March 2002 as a focal point for entrepreneurial studies at IIM Bangalore, not only trains entrepreneurs and promotes entrepreneurship, but also runs an incubator cell for startup companies. The programmes it offers are mostly one-year certificate courses that empower and educate aspiring women entrepreneurs to create their own business or social enterprise and coach entrepreneurs and new entrants of family businesses to successfully sustain and expand their business.
8. Amity Business School, Noida- MBA (Entrepreneurship)
The Amity Business School in Noida offers a two-year full time MBA in Entrepreneurship that focuses on small business management, enterprise growth and succession, social entrepreneurship and managing a growing enterprise.
9. Nirma Institute of Management, Ahmedabad - MBA (Family Business & Entrepreneurship)
The Nirma University Institute of Management offers a regular two-year MBA specialising in Family Business & Entrepreneurship. It targets the next generation of family business owners, as well as young graduates with entrepreneurial ambitions but no prior business experience.
10. National Institute for Entrepreneurship & Small Business Development (NIESBUD), Delhi
The NIESBUD is an apex institute in the area of entrepreneurship and small business development under the Ministry of MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) Government of India. It oversees the activities of various institutions and agencies engaged in entrepreneurship development, particularly in the area of small industry and small business. It also provides numerous training and development courses for budding entrepreneurs and small businesses.
More News: The FT's MBAs for entrepreneurs ranking 2018